Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Special Edition: From the Beginning

OneGR8Life - Special Editions





Up-front I am going to apologize for this ‘Special Edition’ in substitution for our continuous OneGR8Life: Achievement Post. An amazing thing happened (distraction of the positive type) mid last week… I was offered an opportunity to brainstorming, with 4 others regarding the future of the OneGR8Life movement. In the spirit of receiving this Abundance, I ended up having to rearrange my placemat of thoughts and activities. As with all Universal gestures of abundance, you can receive it all! As with Human restraints of time, sometimes you find that you cannot do it all.


This is where I found myself come Sunday evening. I attempted to complete your next OneGR8Life: Achievement Post, the delivery of your OneGR8Life placemat, I ran into a couple of undesirable formats and decided - rather than short change the delivery of this final OneGR8Life tool, I would ask you to give me one more week.

So, I dug into the archives and unearthed this gem. It was the very first blog post I published in July, 2010.  The Blog theme at that point was titled ‘Highest Human Potential’; OneGR8Life wasn’t even a thought, idea or notion. I share this post and say thank-you for allowing me to take up residence in Your OneGR8Life, on a weekly basis.

Who, What, Where, Why, How : Let's Get Started!

My interest in Highest Human Potential began at an early age, as an athlete. My inspiration to understand potential came from my Olympic teammates, Sandy Neilsen-Bell and Jill Sterkel and the number of others who had achieved the level of National and International swimming competition. The burning question at this point was; what made them so special at such an early age?
-- Was it Genetics, Family Environment, Education, or Privilege of Community?

As I entered the working world, it didn't take me long to recognize that I had been blessed with an uncommon balance of humility and strong professional will. Even today, these virtues remain as recognizable personal traits. So what drove me to successfully lead a team of 35 professionals in a $6million project by the age of 25. How did I navigate the career path from Manufacturing, to Engineering, to Product Management? to Sales Management?
-- Was it Fear of Failure, Just a Stroke of Luck, or Genius of Thought?

And, years later as a Sales Manager, how was I able to move my Sales Team from its’ #87 of 100 national ranking to its’ #9 position in less than twelve months. How was it that I had developed 6 of the Top 15 sales people from a national sales force of 1000+.
-- Was it an Abrasive Management Style, Aggressive Sales Techniques or Luck of the Economy?

What universal force, lead my wife and I to move 1100 miles from family. While that same force was leading a 16 year old to move 300 miles from his family and to deliver him to my doorstep in order to fulfill his dream of a college education. You see, my wife and I don’t have any children of our own. So, how was it that we should end up with Senior in High School calling us Mom and Dad?
-- Was it Financial Necessity, a Random Act of Kindness, or Some Sort of Divine Joke?

The answer to these questions is what this blog is all about. So, Let’s keep moving forward.

Purpose through Advancement and Promotion

We should realize that each life has a major purpose and that each Human is called to deliver that purpose. Indeed, we all have greatness within us! I have accepted as my major purpose in life; the advancement and promotion of Highest Human Potential. You, have before you, your entire life, through this blog you will have the opportunity to deliver your greatness. The simple fact that you found this blog is enough to tell me that we share a common goal. That common goal is You, and the delivery of Your Highest Human Potential. So the question is, can Highest Human Potential be taught? Just like teaching reading, or writing, or algebra?

The answer is yes!

Intention Rooted in HOW...

The steps to achieve your Highest Human Potential are as teachable as learning to walk or ride a bike. My intention is to simply teach you –HOW! I should take a moment to fore-warn you that, like riding a bike, you might fall once or twice during the learning process. What I am saying here is, if you are looking for some sort of miracle or a magic formula which leads to overnight success, you will have to look somewhere else… I regret to inform you that after 30+ years of searching for an easy way... that there are no elevators to achieving your Highest Human Potential – Yes, You will have to take the stairs.

The most promising note for you in this first blog is-- the achievement of Your Highest Human Potential is not limited by age, or level of education, or gender, or privilege of community. I should also note that in the achievement of your Highest Human Potential there is no room for being abrasive, or for aggressively dooping somebody for a buck. We can also leave Luck and Fear out of the equation.

The first order of business is for you to understand one very simple concept: In this Life You CAN Have, Be or Do Anything that you Desire!

I look forward to your subscription – I invite you to stay for a while!
---   ---   ---

NEXT-UP… ACHIEVE: Trusting ME!
The OneGR8Life placemat… From Beginning to End. Together we will take a look at the pieces, defining their space and supplying the reference links to help you to Dream, Create and Live Your OneGR8Life.

MINDFUL MOMENTS (Your Take Away Thoughts)...
I have so much more to give… Today, I learned HOW?!?

The Dream of My OneGR8life is the cultivation of My Ambitious Desire; a notion, idea or thought, initiated in the stillness of attentional presence. Rejuvenated in Purpose I seek to Create My OneGR8Life - Uncovering my inner values of character; inviting them, as allies of trusted strength, to travel with me toward the Discovery of Deepest Desires. In my abundant filled Universe, equilibrium inspires and motivates me to share with the world; recognizing that the fulfillment of My Highest Human Potential comes through my contribution of improvement of the Human Condition. Affirmed in Service to Others, I move to release the, self-imposed thoughts of limitation; The Source of Universal Intelligence rises within me to Obtain my Source of Divine Purpose. Finally, I come to Live My OneGR8Life in perpetual growth, Mentally, Physically, Spiritually; filled are  my days with intentional presence. Balanced in rest and play I AM free to Dream again.

---   ---   ---

OneGR8Life - Delivered Weekly… Tuesdays
Dedicated to Improving the Human Condition - Specifically, Yours!
Learn more… www.OneGR8Life.com

No comments:

Post a Comment